October 15, 2015

When you start the maternity leave.

So it has been 4 days since the start of my maternity leave, and I am loving every single day of it. Pregnant mothers-to-be should be entitled a month of pre-maternity leave where we just get to rest before the big day comes. It is not easy to commute to work when you are carrying at least a 2.5kg baby in your tummy! Don't even get me started on the fact that our centre of gravity has shifted! Haha! And before you single people or people who plan to never have children say that it is not fair that we get paid leave, remember that raising a child is going to cost us a long run so our 4 months paid of leave is justified. And you get your late nights with friends/loved ones, nights of blissful sleep and your future can be pretty much planned out with no "what ifs". Yes, it is a choice for made by both two different groups but honestly for Singapore, government pays for half the maternity leave for your company to hire someone meanwhile. So, if you have to pick up the "slack" is because your company didn't hire a replacement or a competent person. Complain to the company, not the pregnant for choosing the be pregnant! So yay! Vote me for president okay! Haha.

Has been a month since I last blogged? Initially I promised to blog at least once a week (even then I thought it was too little!!!) but I have so many things to handover at work, settling my maternity leave and unpacking in our new house. So far, my plan for maternity leave is perfect. Okay, the perks about being in the gahment is that your entitlement, is your entitlement. Additional perks about working in education sector... the holidays! I am fortunate enough to take a month before my EDD which means October and November will be my first half of my Maternity Leave then I do not have to take in December because well, school is closed. Then I am coming back first two weeks of school to settle my kids down before I go back on Maternity Leave and guess when I am coming back? AFTER MARCH HOLIDAYS! Three days after to be exact. Whoop! I can't wait to spend so much time with RKM.



Here's my latest pregnancy updates:

31 weeks 3 days
My current weight: 69.2kg (!!! I have officially gained 10kg since the whole pregnancy!)
Good news: Placenta looks like it is going up, which means I may not have to do an elective c-section. Alhamdulilah! But it needs to keep on moving uppp before Prof can confirm that I can try 100% for natural labour. RKM's head is also down!!! She is no longer in breech position! No wonder I have been feeling kicks at my ribcage and it is not funny okay! This girl is strong! I actually cringe when she kicked my ribcage twice in the middle of the night!!!
RKM's wieght: 2.2kg (estimated by Prof's hands hahaha but I fully trust him lah!)

33 weeks 3 days
My current weight: 70.9kg (Not bad for a span of 2 weeks! I am actually surprised since I am always hungry. I was afraid I will put on more than that but Alhamdulilah!)
Good news: Placenta is confirmed up! This means I can definitely try for natural birth. This is one of the best news so far because it has been low for about 13 weeks and I seriously had no hopes that it will go up. Almost went against Mak's advise to not do urut but like she said, "Kalau dia nak naik, dia akan naik." So Alhamdulilah. I am also thankful for the mummies who read my blog who told me about their personal experience. YAY US!
RKM's weight: 2.5kg (estimated) but she's in the healthy range to be delivered, if touch wood, she decides to show early up which she hasn't shown any signs *crosses fingers* and I hope she stays inside until week 38 at least!



Apart from check-ups, we have been advised by Prof to book our room already! He says "Standby, looks like 1st of November!" Hehehe, okay lah. 1st like the Moma okay! So after contemplating a thousand times over between class A and B1, we decided to take up B1. The price difference is about 1k, if there's no complications for both Moma and RKM. But 1k is A LOT of money to spend just for Baobei to sleepover. So I made him promise to stay the longest and come the earlier a visitor is allowed. And we will use the 1k for RKM's aqiqah, cukur rambut at the mosque etc. More beneficial we feel. Plus it will give me a chance to be with just RKM only.

You know, each time I dream about the delivery, I can't imagine the feeling I will get when I am carrying her in my arms. Just looking at my huge belly, I can't believe that a tiny human is growing inside of me. Subahan Allah. I can't believe RKM picked us to be her parents.

Just yesterday, I had lunch with Mak and Mama and they were sharing about their labour stories. Even worst for them, they had no such thing as laughing gas or epidural. And they gave birth with no worries. What they say is this which makes me want to go through it, no matter how much it is going to hurt,

"All the pain will go away when you carry the baby. The pain that you have to go through, is over and done with. The pain is not going to be remembered when you carry your baby. It will go away."

Any mummies want to share your labour stories? Hehe.



Hahahah, time dulu dulu tengah dating we had big dreams.
Now look at us!

Maybe one of the things I will miss about the pregnancy (not many) will be the borrowed glow.
My skin is rarely oily and there's hardly any breakouts!
So much different from the first trimester and the first half of second trimester!
I pray this will continue after I deliver! Hehehe.

HEHEHEH!
So much love for the Abi.
I can't believe how lucky I am to have a husband who gives me foot massages, rubs my back and makes my nightly milk for me when he sees I am too comfortable on the bed.


This is us just before we went to the babyfair!
We were 36 weeks!

People who see me will always say I don't look big. Someone ever asked if I was 6 months pregnant while my kid asked if my tummy was getting any bigger! But seriously, if you were to see me without my top, you will be amazed at how large it looks! HAHAHA. Will save that for later okay! *winks*

Now people say "Your perut da turun eh." But they actually don't know that my tummy has been low all the while. Just that now I am bigger, it is more obvious that it is. In Shaa Allah I can hold on the fort until 38 weeks! Then I can slow talk to RKM to come out Halloween ke, 1st/3rd/6th of November ke. BUT at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter. As long as she's safely out whenever she chooses, we will be very happy to receive her with open arms!

At 36 weeks where my tummy is getting smaller for her, she is super active! Sometimes it can be for an hour! Lately it has been at midnight and Baobei will be like "K, let mommy sleep okay. We will play when you come out which is in another 2 weeks. Don't be so playful." You think she listen? Peduli apa. Hahaha. The Abi can sleep some more! Wait til she comes out, I am going to campak her at Baobei! Hahaha!




Moving on from pregnancy updates, I am still straightening out the finer details of Klothes by Katt but the support I have been receiving is SO amazing! I really can't wait to build this empire and what it may potentially be. The most important thing is that I have the blessings of my husband, family and closest friends who keep disturbing me to hire them in the future! Haha! Will keep you updated about that too.

I can't believe my pregnancy journey is coming to an end and my little princess is going to come along very soon. I sometimes wake up, and wonder how our lives are going to change. I know it is going to change drastically and there's nothing to prepare us for it. Looking forward to our sleepless nights together!!! Haha, especially when Baobei is going to start his LONGGG leave soon to be with his little family.

I will try to keep up with my updates because I will definitely want to have something to look back and read. Thank you for being part of our journey and keeping us in your duas.

Raja K. M. we love you sayang. So much more than you can imagine.



/// PS: I have been told that screenshots of the Kakak-Kakak Kahwin/Tunang Part 3 is making its rounds of Facebook again. I am married to the same man I said I was going to, and I still stand by what I say. 

0 xoxo's:

Post a Comment