October 30, 2014

The one where we picked the surat saman...

Last weekend, Baobei and I brought his family over to Pasar Pandan to get the cards chosen since my parents have no preference as we are combining cards as well (meaning both our parents will be printed on a card). Since our wedding is a small 300 guest event, we decided to print only 200 cards (in case we have single friends etc).

Anyway, let me introduce our surat saman people:





So basically whatever you want, they have it. They have a lot of templates from you to choose from. rectangular, square, passport, newspaper headline 'Utusan something' (Baobei's fabbret) and like an exercise book format as well. Name it, they have done it. They have the higher class with better finishing, IMO but they only print 500 for that kind.

We initially went for the rectangular, in which Baobei wanted to put our face in front. Menyumpah orang nanti. Baik baik nak datang, tak jadi! HAHA. This boy is really something when it comes to choosing things related to wedding. Out of this world, you know? That's why I am marrying someone who is just as crazy.

Anyway, we didn't want to burst our budget for something that people won't even keep it. I mean, I don't remember keeping any wedding cards that I have received. My cousins' are with my mom who keeps it but other than that, we just don't. So why make it so fancy and then... get thrown away? For me the card has to be presentable and clear, that's all. Anyway, I know I am the kind that will throw wedding cards haha, so I am sorry. I just think you're wasting money for people going "Awwwh so nice," and then it gets forgotten after awhile and you spend $1.50SGD on a card? I'd rather feed you with food okay.

There's one card which was really cute where it says

Both born (insert date), met on (insert date), got engaged (insert date) and getting married (insert here). 

But, nanti orang ingat kita hinting birthday present pulak. Hahaha. So we decided on a classic black design. We switched from rectangular to square because we felt there's more space to put in details. Filling up the form was the worst because it was in Malay and I had no idea what was what. Malaysian forms are no joke man. Haha, but Ibu-Baobei was helping me so I was doing okay after awhile.

Then we needed the address of Gurame, but I forgot to take note of it (thought it was somewhere that Keith send me, but ended up was just a map). Asked the kind lady if we could borrow her compute address and she went:

"Ni yang tepi pantai eh? Ada satu couple yang buat card kat sini, baru kahwin 2 minggu lepas. Lawa sey tempat nyer. Best kahwin tepi pantai."

It feels normal right having these kind of conversations that she has Singapore customers? Then she said something that truly made our day.

"Couple yang buat wedding mereka kat sana print map tapi asing dari card. Ada extra, awak amek lah. Taruk dalam envelope. Tak per, tak payah bayar. Rezeki."

So thank you kind couple, who indirectly paid for the maps for our cards. It totally solved the whole debate we had since last week about "Nak taruk map ke tak nak?" because we figured there's google map and that it takes a lot of space in our card. But then again, we cannot expect older generation to be tech-savvy. Nice things totally make our day.

But it doesn't end there, all customers of Adam Hawa Kreatif will also do a good deed when they do their cards with them. A small percentage of your amount that you spend, will be donated to a rumah anak yatim by the boss on the following Friday with your name. Basically, you write your name and amount and put in a box with a niat yang baik. On Friday, the boss will count all the amount on the white paper collected and will give to any rumah anak yatim for that Friday. So nice to know people do these things. 

I, of course, niat yang kita sihat selalu dan murah rezeki for all our family. (In Shaa Allah, Amin)

They also have packages with printed posters and some other stuffs that you may need for your wedding etc. They also have those signs that people use for photobooth at RM30? Okay kan, for a bunch of signs if you're on budget.


We were asking Ibu-Baobei what's bunting (because isn't that preggers?) haha but found out that its like a huge poster stand. Aiyah, I am not very good with this kind of terms. But it feels so good to have decided on the one thing that our parents have been nagging non-stop because we need to give out the cards in December.


Here's the brave cutiepie who is trying to pet a cat. I think he will have a blast when he comes over our place because we are definitely getting lil kats in our house. Hehehe. 

Anyway, sorry there isn't anything interesting about the updates. I am still working on my entry pedas and trying to juggle not being addcited to Running Man and studying for my exams. Also, trying to settle wedding and moving at the same time. Can't believe how time flies. But I am so excited for 2015. Being Syahrul's wife has got to be one of the best decisions I have made, after doing an Instagram account.

I can't wait for tomorrow's date with Baobei. Ever since we have a lot of wedding errands, we hardly have some alone time to ourselves to talk about stuff. Even at work, he is too exhausted as he has more responsibilities on his shoulders. So proud of my man. Little things like holding hands or letting me rest on his shoulders while he drives are the best kind.

Til I have a better structure update, xo

PS: Finally have our first fitting & discussion with Katt next week. HURRAAAH! Confirm pening giler nyer but super soaked. Dapat try dresses after dresses.

2 xoxo's:

  1. Hi dear, may i enquiry how long adam and hawa get back to you once you have made the deposit? Thank you. Hope to hear from you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey babe,

      Sorry I am on hiatus and I just saw this. Well, you can read my entries about the following vendors I engaged including Adam and Hawa here:

      http://mypussykatt.blogspot.sg/p/thekirekattkrownwedding.html

      Hope it helps.
      xo

      Delete