September 4, 2014

The one where I have to forgo SyraSkins...

I am sure most BTBs or even non-BTBs have heard about SyraSkins opening their very own studio. From a Muslim to another, I am very happy that their business is booming. Alhamdulilah. So I wanted to clarify a couple of things with them like if they still go to bride's places or not, etc. So I what'sapp S' sister in which she called me up and  followed up with an email.



However big this step SyraSkins has taken, they need to understand a few constrains like
  • Pantang (since we only do henna a day or two before the nikah dat itself). Okay so my parents are not so on this except for the travelling out of Singapore before your wedding *sulks*.
  • Comfort of the bride aka ME. I have not done mine yet but I have seen my sister, SIL and cousin, and to be honest where it is done is very important. Especially when it gets tiring or when you need to pee.
  • Travelling. What happens when the I try to transport myself back home after the session? I am pretty sure that I will like the henna on for very long (especially after putting minyak kapak to darken the stain) so I am wondering if Baobei has to fire lift me to the car and back home.
I did like the fact they revised the cost after adding transportation fee in the initial amount I was quoted. But nothing more actually. So with such a heavy heart, I emailed to ask them for a refund of my deposit since this was not the arrangement that we agreed to. Furthermore, my bridesmaids may want to have this malam berinai/hen night at this particular hotel's suite. (Note: I have not received a reply about my refund in which I will give them 2 weeks.)

Oh S' sister said that if we still insist on having the henna done at our place, it can still be done. But S will not be travelling out. What's the point if the main artist is not around? And I am still paying full price for it.

From what I read from the online buzz, S has the studio so that she doesn't have to leave her new born babygirl when she goes out for assignment. That, I will only understand clearly when I am a mother myself. For now, it is a huge sacrifice on her part knowing quite a number of BTBs are asking for their refund back.

So what now? Since the wedding is 4 months-ish away, I need to secure my replacement. Who?








Nadya is an art teacher who does henna as a freelance. When I first saw her henna work back in early Syawal, I actually commented saying something like, "I didn't know you did henna, I would have asked you instead." And look at us now! She is really going to do my henna for me and my bridesmaids. I will be her second bride! I wanted to be her first but second seems to be my thing (read: wedding cake). I told her I will settle for second HAHA. But if you're a 2014 BTB and you want to engage her, please do although I won't be her second bride anymore *cries*. 

@ndydns

So yes, henna (inserts a tick here).

On a side note, the nearer the wedding, the more hiccups keeps on coming up. For a small, intimate wedding, I honestly think this is not possible. But oh wells, I need to keep calm and let the small things slide.

//Edited (13/9/14): I have gotten back my $50 deposit from SyraSkins.

0 xoxo's:

Post a Comment