February 6, 2014

The one where I pick the Mak Andam and her baju...

After the long birthday weekend with my close friends, family and my alone time with Baobei (who had to work and the feeling was so sucky. Pls birthday don't fall on CNY anymore.), I was swamped with an assignment crunch and paperwork at work. It is crazy, and I know it will continue being this way until I am done with my bachelors. Lucky me I get to pick what I like to study.

So this post is not about that although I owe this blog (and all of you who read me, hello!) a lot of posts and I know I want to write it all because I WILL MISS ALL OF THESE WHEN I AM MARRIED

Yesterday after a hectic day for the both of us, we finally do one more thing on our To-Do-Wedding-List and I must say, the feeling is SO AMAZING. Despite not having enough sleep for the past few days, I actually stayed up when I got home after our first appointment with our andaman and datenight with Baobei to look at wedding dresses inspirations. I EVEN MANAGED TO COME OUT THE DESIGN FOR MY BRIDESMAIDS! Do you know how tough is that?! I know that I want my bridesmaids to standout and be better than everyone's bridesmaids. HAHAH! Sorry but not sorry. I am usually not competitive to in wanting to be the best in everything I do, but this is MY WEDDING and I want everything to stand out! I am also not the type where I make my girlfriends look crappy so I can stand out. HAHAH so yay! (Oh no, bridezilla da keluar haha).

Okay, banyak berbual. Let me share with you who I picked, why I picked, and why it is the BEST decision I have made when it comes to picking out of so many bridal companies!




I don't know who in my IG liked their picture which appeared on my newsfeed, but thank you in advance for following them because the moment I saw their pictures, I was and still am in love.

Okay before I go on, please know (if you haven't) that I am not your typical BTB (so the way I pick and make decisions are not like the other BTBs). I don't have a list of bridal companies I have in mind. I am the person who believes in love at first, well with these kind of things anyway. So for me, love is one. Just one.

I emailed TWB after showing Baobei their IG Sept 2013, and got their package pricing list. Then after we have the conversation with his parents about the engagement and wedding, I emailed them again only to find out the date of my wedding is full. Yes, FULL. My heart macam nak pecah also have. I was so close to changing the wedding date to accommodate to them. So finally, I told Baobei to find us a bridal company for our wedding because I cannot find one that I liked even after browsing other companies like Fatimah Mohsin, Versarie Ade, Petisolek. HAHA. Yes, I was that upset and heartbroken because I had set my eyes, heart and soul (hahah like how I set on Baobei liddat) to TWB and I seriously do not have any back-ups in mind which my cousin suggested that I should have a Top 5 so that if my first pick is not available, I go for my second pick. (Tip for future BTBs should do to prevent your planning mojo to not die)

WHY The Wedding Brocade:
  • It is the only bridal company whose dresses have a modern chic edge to it. A fashion twist to the traditional yet decent enough for a Malay wedding.
  • Dresses are out of the world.
  • Amazing dresses.
  • Dresses lah, you get it right? 
I love how rich the colour is, and look at that side cape. This design was early 2013. This was the picture I first fell in love with. Terus follow them on IG.

This white piece is so simple yet it scream FASHION. The whole look is very Gatsby inspired and god, I am in love. Imagine cut cake in this dress!

Nothing speaks louder than black with something contrasting. Gold? You have my heart lah Katt seriously. Black for nikah? It cannot get any less traditional. Haha. (It also came with white+gold and dark gold+gold)

I only saw this yesterday but it was a few weeks back post so I must have missed this on my IG feed. Look at how drama this piece is. A train to something so traditional? Lace? Peplum? You have my vote for this metallic blue.

And I save the best for last just because.
Katt, I officially nak kahwin in all your pieces.


So then, a few hours later after my heartbreak, Lynn, the assistant who will reply to your emails, panic attacks and what'sapp messages at any point of the day, replied me saying THEY HAVE A SLOT FOR MY WEDDING DATE! Apa lagi, I nurse my broken heart quickly and set an appointment with them.

Three months later, it was yesterday, our first appointment at Katt's (not me, but the owner of TWB) kickass looking house. I am not surprised her house is modern chic also. We were early for our appointment so was chit-chatting with Liz who is the other make-up artist. 

A little bit of background: TWB is a small bridal company (something that I love about them) who only has two MUA, Katt and Liz. TWB only does two weddings per weekend, and I just found out from Liz that they are only left with 2 dates in November and December 2015 (surprised considering a lot of people get married during school holidays!). They are not open for 2016 FYI, for future BTBs.

So finally it was our turn to be seated with Katt and Liz. We told them out where our wedding will be at, how long the ceremony, well basically the details of our wedding. We are only taking ONE baju with them (cries here) because we are tailoring out nikah outfit (which I found something that I happen to love but I cannot share just yet. It is not secretive but I like to keep some surprises for The Wedding.). It is really, really saddening that I cannot pick like 10 outfits but our wedding is The Eddited Wedding so it can't fit lah. Katt is giving a lot of suggestions and her opinions from her experience which is very refreshing and so nice.

I love their service! Katt, Liz and Lynn, whom I had the chance to talk/communicate with. After we have paid deposit to secure our date, Katt brought us the Royal Room (I just named the room that because you WILL feel like a queen when you enter) to see the baju. CAN SHE LOCK ME INSIDE TAK? I felt like a princess, nak try all! HAHAHA. The choosing of outfit is only 3 months before the big day itself. I want to try all and document it. HAHAHA. Very melampau considering I am only going to have one from TWB. Mana tahu Katt will layan me.

After our first appointment, I found more reasons to love TWB.
  • They don't do hard selling. I am only taking ONE baju with them but I am treated like I am picking 10 baju. We spend slightly over an hour with them, and Katt took the time to explain everything to us from top to the bottom.
  • Their service is very personalized. I didn't know Katt was from my line of work. It is always refreshing to know a bit more of the person than just business talk.
  • Katt is very open to suggestions on how I want to look on my big day. From the kind of look, the hairstyle and even the dresses you pick. If you want something a bit from different from what she has or add on something, tell to Katt. She will do it for you! ( I already have in mind how to personalize one of the outfits I am picking.) Even the men's suits. Katt was saying that we can show the tailor suits worn by JT or David Beckham, whichever, and they will do their best to have it the way we want it. Additional cost may incur but very unlikely unless it is something out of this world. (Polka dot pants right Baobei?)
  • The prices are reasonable. (Ask them directly please because I feel that it is not right to just pass price list. Afterall, a business is still a business. I believe in not touching other people's rice bowls)
I am paying additional to have Katt by my side on my big day. Please know that there's nothing wrong with Liz or that she's not as good. Both are awesome but you must pick someone you will feel more chemistry with. I like them both very much but Katt somehow seem to be very calming that I think I need just that on the day itself. But for me, that was the only con of TWB because I know some bridal companies that don'y charge extra for certain MUAs, but everyone is different and we are willing to fork out a bit more for that.

So yay! One down off To-Do-Wedding-List. I know I have many more things to update like The Edited Wedding, The MOH and Bridesmaids and The Turning 24, which I also have no time to do so on IG (yes, I am so amazed too).

I am in the midst of settling the bridesmaids dresses after gotten the inspiration late at night, and now the group chat is going a lil crazy with ideas thrown from every direction. I know this is the best part of the wedding, and I can't wait to share with all of you. 

Next up: My 3-in-1 package (location + food + decor) deposit which will be sometime next week. God knows how I would feel after that appointment. Maybe I have more crazy DIYs than I have now for that special day. It is always nice to have a team (MOH & Bridesmaids) to help you make decisions, be excited with you and telling you when it is a little too much.

Until the next bridezilla update, engagement is less than 20 days and I have not done the dulangs. Lucky for me, I only have two.

7 xoxo's:

  1. I'm taking TWB too. And like you, it was love at first sight! I didn't want anyone else. Hehehe.
    Xoxo
    Myra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kan kan kan! My tunang initially didn't understand why the obsession with TWB but I am so in love with ALL Katt's nyer baju so I really can't help it lah. She's the bomb haha. I read your blog about picking her, so I guess someone is getting her dress tailor-made. Mad jealous for that babe, that was not within my budget!

      Delete
  2. Hi, how much eh since u take 1 pasang only? because i also want1 pasang jek.. but everywer not that nice n mahal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello. I don't know if it is nice to reveal the prices because it is after all a business. But what I can tell you that a pair of baju with TWB, inclusive of make-up & accessories and a bouquet will cost you close to 1k. You can email them, they are quite generous in replying with the price list. However, from what I understand 2014 and 2015 is fully booked and 2016 will be open soon!

      Best of luck! XO

      Delete
  3. hello there. do you have the wedding brocade email? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ellie, you may find them at theweddingbrocade@gmail.com

      Delete